Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9th

Since I made this blog, I've typically have had the luxury of a quiet place to write, even if it is just for a couple quick, passing moments. Tonight, not so much.

BUT FEAR NOT! I will still deliver. Oh yes, I will. Like...right..NOW. Yeah, did you see what I just did right there?

Actually, since we are comparing this post to the previous posts, I would like to point out one thing. The first time I was writing, I was scared. One could even say, petrified. I didn't know if I could live without....not..having a blog..by my side.

but my, how times have changed.

It's become an almost second nature thing. I wake up thinking "In about 12 hours, I need to put up the daily blog. So today had better be worth writing about." And it usually isn't. So I have to make something interesting happen. Which usually results in me doing something.

I got laid off today.

Well, in the animation biz, we call it "out of work."

But I digress.

I love saying "but I digress," when it isn't really necessary. Actually, it isn't ever necessary.

So I don't know.

So laid off isn't really an appropriate term, because it is actually kind of a good thing. Another way of looking at it could be "today I have successfully completed my first multi-hundred dollar commission." And now I have a guaranteed source for a letter of recommendation. And there's still a check in the mail. And with the probable possibility of future work.

So all in all, it could be worse.

Oh! So I finished that video


I like to think of it as experimental work. Also known as bad. But I like it anyways.


ANIMATIONEDUCATION

I'm not going to lie: I spend a lot of time on Newgrounds.

Most of the things are awful.

But a lot of them are actually pretty decent.

It's actually pretty difficult to meet another person who animates in Flash just by coincidence. Even in my entire Digital Arts class, no one is really familiar with it yet. So when I do find someone who says things like "I like to make animated shorts in Flash," I know this hypothetical person and me can be friends. (see: rival)

But I digress.

Contrary to what you would expect though, today's animation is from Blur Studio.






I burnt my mouth. It hurts.

No comments: