Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19th

Blog. Let's do this.

My roomy keeps clogging the drain. It's not like he doesn't realize it either. He'll come out of the shower and announce the drain is clogged. So I'll go in there to check it out and it's good foot and a half deep of soapy water. And I'm like, really? You couldn't have just stopping the water when you noticed it wasn't draining anymore? Three times I have had to remove his hair from the drain. AND NO MORE i say.

People have been doing weird things lately. I'm not the type to notice these kinds of things, but everyone is cutting their hair. I can't figure it out! And they're all going for the eccentric, non-conformist hair styles. What happened to the crew cut. I'm afraid we are entering an era of poorly planned fashion statements.

I am the type to notice that people are becoming more and more mentally-impaired. My dad just dropped something in the kitchen, and let out a long sequence of swearing. He then tried to blame it on my mom for stacking them in a way that would purposely make them fall. Calmly and confidently she replies "Do you always have to swear when you drop something?" Response: "Only when something stupid happens." What kind of a retort is that? I don't understand!! My (other) roommate was talking to an advisor on the phone who asked him what his GPA was. "3.5 something" She asks him what grades he got last semester. "One B, Two C's, and a F." That. is. not. a. 3.5. My god. We were playing pictionary in my art class today and a girl had the location of "Panama Canal." She drew it in southern Brazil. Southern!!! Why!!! In my econ class we were talking about how Japan managed to have such a quick turnaround from a developing country to a financial power. This lecture went on for at least ten minutes when the teacher asks "What other developing countries have made a comeback in a short amount of time. A kid in the back raises his hand and suggests Japan. HOW. COULD. YOU. NOT. HAVE. BEEN. LISTENING. FOR. THAT. LONG.


Okay, sorry. I'm done with that. That's been building up for a while. But really.


I like this.

ANIMATIONEDUCATION

Edgar Allan Poe. We are on a role for scary animated shorts. I can't remember the name of one of my favorites (sadly) but I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow.



1 comment:

Michael Heffernan said...

Japan?

that was a true LOL.