Sunday, February 1, 2009

February 1st



Argnhg. I have something in my eye. I've been trying to get it out for the past ten minutes, and so far, no dice. Ow. But then I was like, "what am I possibly going to write in my blog?! I haven't done anything today." And that's when it all came together. Oh yes, I'd write about the thing in my eye.


Spring semester starts tomorrow. Joy. I have 8 hours of class tomorrow. 8!!! It's absurd! 8?! Surely, you must be kidding. I'm not, and don't call me Shirley. Oh, man. I've been watching too much of The Office. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

Yeah, no.

For those of you who don't know...

http://mixturtle.com/

You'll thank me later.

I had to remove this long, tangled copper wire from my mom's garden today and a spider family had apparently made their home in it. But I didn't realize it until I started shaking the wire to loosen it up. And then they all poured out of their hanging homes and started coming after me on the wire. And I got stuck, so I just tried to shake them off the wire. But they all had their safety lines of silk in case they fall. So they were all just hanging there, and I thought it might be a good tactic to try and karate chop their silk lines, so they would fall down. But instead when I hit them, the lines stuck to my hand. So I was carrying around these spiders like little poisonous puppets, but they started climbing back up, closer and closer to my hand. So I freaked out started shaking my hand furiously, but they are surprisingly agile, those spiders. They kept holding on, and I managed to get them back onto their wire homes.

So I guess something did happen today.








2 comments:

K. said...

That is a fabulous picture of our dear friend Oscar.

...Oskar?


Is he Swedish?

Michael Heffernan said...

gingerbread house= destined to fail.

its like fail in a box. Lets show you kids how much you suck at construction!