Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 5th

I was thinking what might be a fun thing I could throw into this blog, and I decided I might try and introduce you people to a couple of my favorite animated shorts here and there. Today's is probably one of the most highly-acclaimed claymation shorts out there, and my personal favorite one at that. It was up for an Oscar a couple years ago, but it was only a couple years later that it became a big thing on the interweb.

I suppose the big thing today was the quest to buy Prismacolor markers. They are incredibly expensive, so they weren't anything I was planning on buying for myself. But they are required for the class I'm taking, so tough luck. Anyways, I went to the art store at Chapman, and they were $100 for the 24 pack I needed for class.

So, yeah, I said no.

I checked online and I could get them for about $60, but then I still need to pay shipping, and I really needed them ASAP. So that didn't really pan out.

BUT THEN

I went to Michael's.

Oh, Michael's.

I can't tell you how many times that store has disappointed me. They have a knack for carrying pretty much everything I don't need or want at way-to-high of prices. But I really need these markers. So I went to Michael's.

They were selling them for $90, so while it wasn't as bad as Chapman, it still kind of stung. So instead I bought just a couple of the markers to carry me through the next couple classes until I could get it from online.

BUT THEN

I still can't believe this. Wow. Okay, so if you've been to Michael's recently, everytime you make a purchase they give you a coupon for 50% off one item, but it only becomes vaild a couple days after you recieve it. But I was like, "Wow, I really wish I could use this now so I could just get the markers I needed here." And the cashier, who we'll refer to now as AWEsome-cashier, came right back and said "Oh, it's no problem. I'll just do it for you now"

So I got the markers for $48.

Ah, man.

Thank you AWEsome-cashier.





Uh, I need to make a movie.

I'm really stuck too.

It's due on Thursday.

MADness.

Man, it's fun the CAPitalize the first three letters of a word.

Also I've found bolding the first half of a word makes it look interesting.





The first sketch of my "Look at Me" animated short.





Just another in-class sketch from Junior year



Fro fish. I might just do something with that later..



Something I've been working on. Then stopped. Still looks kind of cool.




Night before the big event!!!






IT JUST STARTED RAINING REALLY LOUDLY. WOW.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

got to love the michaels coupons! they always seem to come in handy. also my mustache isnt growing. im sorry.

JamesBeck said...

fail.

K. said...

:DDDDD

Emily said...

yay!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.