Friday, February 6, 2009

February 6th

Bah, this weekend.

So I have to attend a "boot camp" for film school this weekend. I get to learn how to use the cameras and the computers. Everyone that's taken it so far has said it's a waste of time...soooo. Yeah. I have my doubts.

BUT

what is really impressive about this, is that this is going to mark the first time I've stayed at school over the weekend. I know, I know, it's kind of pathetic. Pathetic isn't the right word. Somewhere between pathetic and normal. At least for me. This could be a big breakthrough.

So it turns out I need 12 more Prismacolor markers. Not totally sure what's going on in that department. And vellum? paper. Anyone? I don't know. These classes I am in are sure needy.

You know when you are dozing off late at night, you seem to always have really brilliant ideas? But then you wake up in the morning, and it doesn't seem so brilliant. Anyways, that was me last night. But I did have a really brilliant idea. Like, really. I just don't know if I can pull it off. You know how I need to make that movie by Thursday? Well, I've been thinking about it constantly since it was assigned. Basically it had to be

1.) A place
2.) A place near Chapman since I don't have a lot of time
3.) A place where something interesting is going on
4.) A place I can bring a camera and not get in trouble.

So my first idea was the top of the parking structure. It has a pretty cool view. But it really just isn't that interesting.

Next, I considered the library. But that isn't very interesting, and I don't think they'd like the camera presence.

Basically all stores where off the list because no one lets you bring in a camera.

Dorm rooms are too overdone. And not enough risk.

Then, defeated, I decided to call it quits and go to sleep. When it hit me. So very hard.

The dish-washing facility in the cafeteria. Oh, heck yes.

I'm assuming the people in there will let me film them for a couple minutes, but if not. Well, yeah. No. That would suck. We'll see how that goes.




I heard back from that teacher I wrote the angry letter to. Here is his response:

"Hey James -
no problem. You can leave at the normal time if you have another class."

It's a silent victory. But still a victory.




ANIMATIONEDUCATION

Today's feature is kind of long. But if you have the time, I really suggest watching it. This one won the 1988 Oscar for Best Animated Short. It also won pretty much every other award for animated shorts that year, so yeah. I implore you to watch it.



This weather is pretty cool, huh? It should be like this more often.

2 comments:

K. said...

You should do a montage.

Of the tray belt ...thing.

Hah.

Emily said...

Michaels and joanne crafts sell packs of vellum paper, like 100 sheets for $10. If you had more time, I could mail you the half-a-pack I have left over from my wedding invites.