Sunday, February 8, 2009

February 8th

So I filmed my video today. Hahahah.. Yeah. It was uncomfortably awkward.

I brought Katie along to muscle the people in there to cooperate with me. Well. Yeah..not so much. See when I went in there, there were only two people. And I was like "hey, uh, can I do a quick video in here? It's for school."

And, neither one of them spoke English.

So they went to get their supervisor.

So I explained my situation once again. And she says she needs to speak with her supervisor.

Who comes in, and is like "what do you want?" so I re-re-explained my situation again. I tell him it's for school.

And he's like "ehhh, I don't know..."

I tell him I'm really interested in this..thing..that's going on here.

"Don't film the workers."

Yeah, so basically I filmed the corners of the back of the cafeteria for a couple minutes, before confused and defeated, I retreated back to my dorm.

And now I really need a firewire.

And things didn't go according to plan.

But that's okay.



I spilled water on that form I really needed.



But really
today
not so bad.


I went to South Coast Plaza today. I bought two t-shirts.

It's amazing how expensive something can be though.

Like WATCHES.

MAN.

SO MUCH.

They were having this deal that you would get a $100 dollar gift certificate if you spent $1000 in one day.

$1000!

Crazy.

But then again, they know people are buying expensive Valentine day gifts.

OH! and I saw Coraline last night.

I didn't like it.

Well, okay, it's not that I just plain out didn't like it. I really liked the uh, texture of the film. And it was beautifully made. The story was different. And 3-d was fun.

But the characters. They were pretty bad. And it wasn't just the voice acting, but just the way they fit into the story..didn't work..so well. I don't know.

It's still worth seeing it in theaters though. Not too much "things popping out at you."




I bought tickets to the AMC Best Picture Oscar Nomination for 2009. Which means 5 movies!! Back to back! 13.5 hours! I'm going to loose my mind!

And I get a free large popcorn.

All for $30. So I'd say it's a steal.


I just sent Katie a text message saying "the plot thickens." I never use that phrase!

Today is a day filled with risks.

Risks is really hard to say out loud. Especially if you are giving a speech. It's one of those bound to fail words.


ANIMATIONEDUCATION

Brackenwood.

The product of a very talented Australian. He uses Flash (like me! just better) so to say the least, I am a fan.

Check out the rest of his stuff if you have the time.

/

does anyone actually watch the animations I post?




School tomorrow.


GAH. INTRO TO DESIGN. NOOOOooo. Not my favorite class.


The cafeteria closed at 6:30 tonight. 6:30!!!


No respect for people who eat late. None I say!



Fight on!

2 comments:

Michael Heffernan said...

That will be one hell of a cinematic experience! I would love to do that someday...maybe when i haven't already seen them all in my vast loads of free time.

PS. when you go out to shoot again....Shoot First ask questions later!!! y tu necesite practicar tu espaƱol.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Beck. I do watch your videos. They are generally amusing.