Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 26th

What a miserable week. Today my favorite teacher quit. In the middle of class. He was actually talking about something else, when he just kind of blurted out he was quiting and the end of next week.

Apparently a film he's been working on for a while just got greenlit, so he's leaving teaching to go direct the movie for the next year in Oregon.

This wouldn't be quite so painful if the exact same thing hadn't happened last semester with my French teacher. For once I was excited for French. This was very strange, but something about her just made the subject captivating.

And then she left.

Not that either of them didn't have a good reason for taking off.
But I can't help but wonder why only the good ones leave.



So, an awful rut of bad luck.
but, whatever.


I have to do another film this weekend. I don't have the prompt yet, but just be prepared those of you who I would typically call on for such an event.



Friday mornings are my favorite. My parents are both are work, so I have the entire house to myself. I usually wake up earlier than I would normally and go outside and lay on the trampoline. Then breakfast, followed by laundry, followed by shower, followed by homework, followed by cleaning, followed by drawing/animating. Then lunch. Maybe not in that order though.




ANIMATIONEDUCATION

It's surprising how many of the best animated shorts are French. There must be something to that. But then again, that guy Tyson Ibele is from New Zealand. And he's about as talented as they come, so.. maybe not.

No comments: